Family Law


Nobody wants to be involved in a legal dispute, especially one that’s emotionally exhausting. But taking legal action now could pave the way toward a brighter, healthier future for you and yours. So don’t put this off. Call me to learn more about your rights and options, and I’ll do everything I can to help you move forward with your life.

Major Types of Family Law Cases

Divorce – As much as we want our marriages to succeed, sometimes divorce is the best thing for a family. After all, it’s better for two people to live their lives as healthy individuals than as an unhealthy couple.

If you’re thinking of filing for divorce, or if you’ve been served papers from your spouse, now is the time to get familiar with Texas divorce laws and your rights going into this separation. For starters, here are the legitimate grounds for divorce as outlined by Texas law:

  • Insupportability (meaning you and your spouse don’t get along well enough to continue with the marriage)
  • Cruelty
  • Adultery
  • Felony conviction
  • Abandonment
  • Living separately and apart for 3 years
  • Confinement in a mental hospital

Undoubtedly, every divorce is different. But no matter how amicable or hostile your separation may be, it’s important that you talk your situation over with an attorney who has your best interests in mind, as well as the interests of any children you may have.

Protective And Restraining Orders – If your ex has proven to be a danger to your or your children, do not hesitate to take legal action against them. Take that first step toward safety by calling me for guidance and support.

Child Custody Disputes – Texas courts allow separated parents to create their own child custody terms, which in turn saves them time, money, and stress. However, when you and your ex are unable to agree on a custody arrangement, you must turn to the court for a resolution.

When it comes to child custody disputes, you absolutely want to work with a lawyer who understands your unique situation and goals. Getting the right legal professional on your side can mean the difference between being awarded joint managing conservatorship (a.k.a. “joint custody”), sole managing conservatorship (“sole custody”), or neither.

Child Support Changes – Sometimes, a child support arrangement between exes makes sense for a while, but then circumstances change and the arrangement suddenly doesn’t work. When this happens, a family law attorney can help you file for a child support modification.

By taking this legally-binding step, you are protecting yourself and your child from any future surprises. You see, once the new arrangement is accepted by the court, you have the force of the Texas legal system to help you ensure your new agreement is enforced.

Child Protective Services – When Child Protective Services (CPS) threatens to take your child or children away, do not wait to hire an attorney. Putting an experienced lawyer on your side could be the difference between keeping your rights to be with your children or having those rights taken away. On top of that, a lawyer may be able to help you resolve the situation and protect your family, all without having to go through the lengthy and expensive process of trial.


Austin was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and candid. He wasted no time taking care of me. I am very satisfied with his service and I highly recommend this law firm.

Google Review

Dealing with Austin was an awesome experience! He took a personal, painful time in our family’s life and brought us through with our heads up. He is a great attorney and a great person. If your looking for a criminal law person get a hold of Austin!

Google Review

If you want an Attorney that will fight for you and your family, Austin is that guy. Great guy and very knowledgeable about the law.

Google Review

Discover Where You Can Go From Here.

(806) 773-9419

602 Broadway St Ste B Lubbock, Tx 79401-3508

Open Monday - Thursday from 9AM-6PM, Friday 9am-3pm

9 + 15 =

Note: All personal injury are worked on contingency, which means you will not be billed unless I recover money on your behalf.